Britannia Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023

I chose this cruise after sailing on P & O Iona. The ship was nice and the food was acceptable. Unfortunately I believed the standard of the food would the same in Brittania. How wrong I was! The same pre-prepared slop was served up almost daily. There was hardly any fresh fruit and no tempting displays of any sort of food which was very repetitive. I have no criticism of my balcony cabin however the pool area chairs were uncomfortable and grubby. I can honestly say I’ve been served better food in my work’s canteen and that is very low quality. There were no nice bread baskets in the unimpressive main dining rooms as guests had to pick a bread roll (also low quality and dry) though we could ask for another if we wanted another white and dry bread roll. I lived off pizzas for the duration of my cruise as that was the only food item that was almost enjoyable. I wrote to P and O and they didn’t even bother responding. No survey after the cruise so clearly P & O don’t care what their guests think. I will never again ever book another cruise with P & O after my more than disappointing experience on Britannia. You get what you pay for (and even less on Brittania!).I literally couldn’t wait for my cruise in this ship to end.

Cabin was clean and comfortable as was the bed. I enjoyed access to free films though many were very old. Balcony was a bit small but big enough however it clearly had not been cleaned for a long time so I cleaned it myself with towels so I could have a clear view of the sea.

Port Reviews

Alesund

A bit boring as there was nit really much there and I visited in a Sunday so most shops were closed. Quite a pretty harbour though that made for nice photographs.

Skjolden

Pretty port but again, not much there, nice for photos and to give a taste of a village at the top of the longest fjord.

Oslo

Shops full of the same expensive tat (seen at most other ports). Too many bars and cafes and apartment blocks.

previous reviewnext review

Find a Britannia Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.