Viking Mars Review

Who ever rated Viking #1 is crazy.

Review for the Baltic Sea Cruise on Viking Mars
stevewallace1
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

Where do I start? My wife and I are 70 and active. We have also cruised on Celebrity and Oceania several times. This was our first Viking cruise.

After two weeks I just wanted off the Viking Mars. For the same money the suites in other cruise lines are larger and better appointed. The decor in the Viking suite made you want to get out the room. The food was often cold and bland. The music played every night in the bar was a cello and violin. The ambient music made it seem like a funeral home rather than a cruise ship. The included onshore activities were bus rides with a stop to walk around. One onshore activity was literally a long bus ride to a souvenir store in Wales. There were few on-ship activities. The Viking bartender actually told us "there are not many activities on the ship."

When you spend 18-20 hours on the boat and 4-6 hours off you want to have fun on the ship. A Viking cruise is not a happy place.

Response from VikingS, Community Team

Thank you for providing us with a detailed account of your recent voyage, stevewallace1. Your feedback is highly valued as it helps us gain insights into how we can enhance our services to...

13 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Mars Cruise from $2,999

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.