• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023

This cruise was with my husband and two young adult daughters. This was our fourth cruise and second for Carnival. I have mixed feelings about this cruise. We chose this cruise ship because we felt it would give our daughters the most options for fun things to do. As far as the ship itself, it's a beautiful ship. We were on the 15th floor which was nice to just walk up to get to the lido deck but if you were on any lower floors the elevators were terrible! Although there was several elevators they were very small and you spent a lot of time waiting on an open elevator. We opted for the my time dining so we had some flexibility on when we wanted to eat. The flexibility was great you just checked in to the restaurant when you were ready and the wait was anywhere from 10-20 minutes. What was lacking in the my time dining was the service you received. It was very slow from the time you sat down until you received your meals. Having done my time dining and set time dining I do feel like the servers cater to you more when you have the same server all week verses a new server everyday. The food was mostly disappointing in the dining room. We ordered prime rib one night and was given a very overcooked steak and told it was prime rib when it was dropped off. Apparently they thought we wouldn't know the difference between prime rib and steak. We had waited so long we did not want to have it corrected as we had a show to get to. Sadly most of the meals were not good and that is what stands out. The best restaurant was the chibang which was a mix of chinese and mexican food. The service was top notch at Chibang. Guys burger was tasty. We wanted to make it to the barbecue place but was never able to make it there. Our housekeeper Henry was top notch! The comedians were all great and we seen all of them! The entertainment staff singer/dancers did a good job and we enjoyed the the shows the put on. The cruise director Jackie Chang was great! My daughter went to the gym for her daily workout and at one point was kicked out of a space because staff was going to utilize the space. I thought that was very strange to not have a dedicated space for staff and they would kick out a guest utilizing the gym during what was supposed to be open hours to guests. Overall it was a fun trip but there didn't seem to be as much as we thought there would be for entertainment for our daughters in their 20's. Although the ship was very large things on the ship seem to close down pretty early leaving them trying to find things to do after 10pm.

Balcony 15th floor aft

previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Mardi Gras Cruise from $536

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.