Crystal Serenity Review

Crystal Serenity Solo Experience was excellent.

Review for the Arctic Cruise on Crystal Serenity
brescan
6-10 Cruises • Age 2020s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023

I just had the time of my life on this cruise. I am a 60-something widow and this is my first cruise sailing solo since my husband passed. He and I had sailed Crystal six times, on all three ships, and loved it. I chose this cruise because I was happy to see Crystal come back, Iceland is on the bucket list, and, well, it was time to get back out there traveling. I flew to Reykjavik two days early on IcelandAir business class, which was pretty nice despite the lack of lay-flat seats. Prior to the cruise, I stayed at Reykjavik EDITION (using points), which was a fabulous hotel. I did transfers, Blue Lagoon, and Golden Circle tour through Marina Travel in Iceland, which I highly recommend.

Embarkation was easy. I arrived at noon. Luggage drop-off was clearly marked. Security and on-boarding were quick and easy. I bypassed the photographer without incident. Once on the ship, checking in was also efficient, and my room was ready! At noon! Looking around the beautiful Crystal Plaza as I first boarded, it looked surprisingly familiar, but somehow brighter. I can't put my finger on exactly what has changed, but I felt comforted and happy as I headed for the delicious welcoming champagne lunch.

My solo cabin was quite nice. I had gotten "upgraded" to a double cabin, having booked a solo guarantee. But, after comparing with the other solo travelers, I learned that the solo cabin and double cabin with window are exactly the same. The cabin had a very comfortable queen bed and heavenly pillows. It also had a loveseat, table, and desk. The coffee table could be raised to make a two-top dining table, and I was able to comfortably dine in my room, which I did for two breakfasts prior to early excursions. The closet was big enough for all my eight dresses; I would have liked more drawers for my hiking clothes and gear. I lined my 6 pairs of shoes up on the blanket/life vest shelf and could still easily access the life vest. The mini bar had a fridge and lots of glassware, and was stocked with sodas, water, and three bottles of wine (sparkling, white, and red). I understood it would be restocked, should one actually drink all of that. And one could order a complimentary bottle of spirits, which I did not do. My room attendant was outstanding; she was always cheery and even helped zip up my dresses (I dress for dinner every night and wear a ball gown on formal nights). My butler, Tristan, was professional and attentive. They knew my name and proper title by the second day.

Response from HaileyC, Guest Relations

Dear brescan, Welcome back and we are delighted to hear that your experience on Serenity was a wonderful one! We deeply appreciate your trust in choosing to sail again with Crystal, and it...

32 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Crystal Serenity Cruise from $3,100

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.