Queen Victoria Review

A beyond perfect experience!

Review for the Western Mediterranean Cruise on Queen Victoria
MrsPeel55
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Sep 2023
Cabin: Balcony

Chose Cunard because we wanted a small ship, the dress code was what we were looking for, we knew we would be having a good time but it went above expectations! Cunard booked us a flight to Rome which was perfect, spend a couple of nights there, then boarded and from the very first minute all was flowing perfectly. Embarkation was perfect, I have mobility issues, they were so helpful, from our cabin Stewart Arthur, the Maitre D' Luca, Sommelier Sojen, Abi & Romeo, the whole staff who gave us attention and treated us like queens. I thought maybe (as I had read something along those lines) staff would be more attentious to people in the Grills (higher class booking) but with our balcony we ere treated wonderfully, every one we crossed has a smile, had great lunch and dinner companions, despite being open dining we were placed in the same 2 tables every time, the food variety and quality marvellous! Fell in love with Queen Victoria so much, we booked a slightly longer trip for next year, this time Southampton to Southampton which makes things far easier.

We learned that next time we will take a soft drinks package, but payed for our drinks and wine, cocktails and all extras with total pleasure. The gratuities (service charge in the general bill) proved lower than we thought would be, so we handed some cash tips to all staff who looked after us the entire week so wonderfully.

We only got to the theatre (absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!) once to see a couple of acrobats, it was a nice show, didn't get to see much more of anything else asa this was my 65th birthday and after lunch and dinner with wonderful wines, I was ready for bed, but my daughter enjoyed the folk duo and all in general.

Balcony

We didn't get an accessible cabin but the size and comfort were perfect for my transit , small collapsible wheelchair, had this idea that accessible would be a lot more expensive, its isn't. we are booked in an accessible for next trip, the price is the same we would have payed for the non accessible in that level. thank you so so much to Julietta who guided us through the choosing our next sailing (and here to the Cruise Critic people who alerted us too the advantages to booking on board!!!)

Port Reviews

Malaga

went on our own, got the sightseeing red bus, then stopped at the be3`

ch and had a wonderful lunch at the Chiringuito Sicsu, king prawns (langoustines I think!) sardines, excellent sea food salpicon, brilliant time. Would love to go back too Malaga and enjoy the tech again

Vigo

it was an adventure for my daughter pushing my wheelchair, it is hill after hill, but the old town is gorgeous, did some shopping nd had a great time in general.

Rome (Civitavecchia)

flew to Rome, slept one3 night, spend a wonderful full day, food tour that was great, evening at the M`rtyini & Rossi restaurant across the road from the Coliseum, a dream! then of to Civitavecchia the morning after, with Roma Cabs , fabulous transfer.

12 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Queen Victoria Cruise from $299

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.