Celebrity Apex Review

Apex was Amazing!

Review for the Baltic Sea Cruise on Celebrity Apex

Beautiful ship and we liked the infinite balconies, it made the cabin seem more spacious, lots to see and do around the ship. The ship was very clean, would liked to have seen EVERY passenger wash their hands before going into the buffet but even though there are large sinks at the entrance and hand gel stations it amazed us how many chose to completely ignore both! Perhaps they should take a tip from Norwegian cruise lines who have staff at the entrance to the buffet saying “washy washy happy happy” it’s a bit of cliched fun but people do put their hands out for the sanitiser gel (and this was pre covid cruises)

Food in the buffet was excellent and we ate more in here than in previous cruises, the only disappointment being the desserts/ cakes as they looked fantastic but according to my husband tasted very bland, not sure if they have cut down on sugar but they need to improve the taste.

I am gluten free and there was bread at breakfast and gf pancakes can be made too if given time to prepare (I won’t say much about the gf pastries in the morning buffet as they pretty awful) however everything is labelled well in the buffet so easy to find plenty to eat, they even had tiny gf scones in the afternoon tea area of the buffet but for some reason I had to ask for them as they were not displayed. Cafe Baccio in the atrium have lovely gf cookies and one day had a small gf coconut cakes which were delicious, I asked but they were not put out again, no idea why, cakes and cookies are free here.

Excellent

Port Reviews

Stockholm

Turned left once we left the ship, there’s a small ferry stop, it stops a couple of times then its the Vasa Museum, well worth seeing and learning about the history of this amazing ship restoration project.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Apex Cruise from $611

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.