Crown Princess Review

Nothingleft
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023

My wife and I had done Alaska about 15 years before and loved it so we decided to return. We flew in the night before and stayed at the Blue Horizon on Robison St. It was one of the more reasonable places to stay and there are lots of restaurants nearby and a nice walk to Stanley Park or lots of shops. We took an Uber to the ship and the embarkation took some time but the line never stopped moving, we were very pleased overall. Once on the ship, our room was a junior suite; we started out in room just a sail away window and did the bid process to move up to the junior suite at a huge savings over what we would have paid if we had originally booked it. We loved the ship and ever crew member we met was amazing. The buffet was good for breakfast and lunch; but we were on the ship for 11 days and the choice’s stayed very much the same ; the meals e dinning room were mostly very good, except for our last dinner where the service was very slow and I found my meal disappointing. We had the newer medallions and they were amazing, there were 10 of us and we could always find our friends anywhere on the ship, or order drinks to your room or wherever you are on the ship. My wife ordered coffee and a fruit tray to the room every morning and it always arrived in about 5 minutes. We were told the cruise was sold out but we never felt crowded and always found seating around the pool or anywhere on the ship, although seating at the buffet was tough some times but I think that is to be expected. Overall we were very pleased with the cruise. Our disembarkation was amazing, we have been on 15 cruises and this was the best ever. We were off the ship quickly with lots of directions all along the way ;and on our bus off to the airport and home. Overall I think Princess did a great job.

We upgraded to a junior suite through a bidding process. The room was great, a little bigger the a balcony cabin with a small couch which was great. The bathroom was large and had a bathtub.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $187

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.