Sky Princess Review

A beautiful destination on a classy ship

Review for Norwegian Fjords Cruise on Sky Princess
TheFunkeyGibbon
2-5 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023
Cabin: Interior
Traveled with children

We wanted a change from the Med, so Norway seemed like a pretty different cruise with something genuinely new to see. The fjords did not disappoint, everywhere you turn there is another stunning view. As for the ship, it's mostly well laid out with a beautiful piazza and it feels premium thoughout. The Take Five lounge is a bit of a waste, as Jazz isn't nearly as popular as someone seems to think it is but there are some great spots to relax in and on the whole I was impressed.

The food was really very good on the whole, though I didn't try any of the specialist restaurants. One of the surprising highlights was the Salty Dog, sometimes a good burger or hot dog really is all you want. The only weakness in the dining experience appeared to be the relative lack of consistency in the main dining room, which felt like an inexperienced crew that was being worked hard.

The excursions were extortionate and that's assuming you could book them. This was my first Princess cruise and I was surprised how soon excursions seem to book up. It was fortunate we were able to book third party stuff or some stops like Loen\Olden would be a write off.

Interior

Nice layout with a good amount of hanging and storage space. Would have preferred a glass door to the show than the curtain but that is a very minor change I'd make. Well, that and the bizare automatic light on the underside of the bedside tables that were at one moment oversensitive and the next not coming on at all. In the end I blocked them off because they kept turning on far too much at such random triggers. I see what they were going for but the implementation is rubbish.

That odity aside, a lovely cabin indeed.

Port Reviews

Andalsnes

Brilliant cable car up to the mountain and spectacular when you are up there.

18 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Sky Princess Cruise from $474

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.