Azamara Pursuit Review

Vegetarian and vegan cuisine on Azamara

Review for the Arctic Cruise on Azamara Pursuit
pie67
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023
Cabin: Club Oceanview Stateroom
daily vegan menu sample

This was our first Azamara cruise, and with continuing issues with their website, we were a little concerned about the whole experience. I'm used to having all my documents in hand and luggage tags on all my bags before I board, and that just didn't happen; but that being said, it was the smoothest embarkation ever!

We realized early on that we love being on a smaller ship. The staff was so friendly and helpful, and even the officers got to know us in short order. A real joy not to have to walk through casinos and art auctions and all that chaos. So many comfortable, quiet places to have a drink and conversation, or read, or do a crossword puzzle. There was background music often, but it didn't dominate the space.

Entertainment was fine, but not outstanding. Production shows on a small stage with only 6 performers just doesn't compare with what we're used to, but there were so many other positives that didn't bother us.

Club Oceanview Stateroom

We usually get a balcony cabin, but since this was a cruise around Iceland, we didn't figure we'd be on the balcony much. As it was the weather was cool and drizzly, so I never saw anyone near the pool or hot tubs! The room was quite comfortable with ample storage. More storage in the bathroom would have been nice, and so would a bigger shower. Were it glass enclosed it wouldn't have been bad, but the shower curtain kept sticking to us. Actually having an ocean view cabin gave us lots of room on the sill to store books and other papers since the desk area isn't very large. An being on deck 4 put us close to Guest Relations, and all the food and drink options available on deck 5. (And deck 4 ocean views aren't obstructed by lifeboats.)

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Azamara Pursuit Cruise from $892

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.