Jewel of the Seas Review

1,649 reviews

The ports were amazing, but the ship and food were not

Review for the Baltic Sea Cruise on Jewel of the Seas
jp20
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023

I chose this cruise for the ports, especially Iceland. I could go on and on about the wonderful ports. My sister raved about Royal Caribbean so we thought we would try it. The coffee bar needs improvement, the servers were slow and they would punch your card twice if you asked for a medium coffee. The coffee was not not the best. The pastries were stale everyday, how is that possible? Only once did I get a soft pastry. I was sad, that for twelve days the menu never changed.

The dinners were not artistic, nor what I expected. Spaghetti, pot pies, Shepard pies, nothing was memorable, as most of what was served I make for dinner at home. No dark chocolate anything.

The ship was tired, I tripped several times on uplifted carpet. Windows were broken and never replaced. When your outside by the pool you have to go to the bar for a drink as no one is walking around asking.

It was tired but very clean

previous reviewnext review

Find a Jewel of the Seas Cruise from $265

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.