• Newsletter

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023
Traveled with children

Since I was a first time cruiser, my daughter-in-law and son chose the itinerary for the family. I was in awe of how many different people from all walks of life I was meeting. The ship seemed so huge to me. I really appreciated getting a pamphlet of all the different options of entertainment, restaurants, etc. that was scheduled for each day and was left in the cabin. Our cabin attendant was so nice and very informative to our questions. We always came back to a clean cabin and fresh towels when we needed them. We ate at some very nice restaurants and the food and entertainment in the restaurants was superb. I especially like breakfast so I was usually eating by myself and I enjoyed the buffet style breakfasts. They always had anything and everything I wanted to eat. All the staff were very friendly and very helpful. We enjoyed a few broadway plays and about four different comedy shows. I especially liked the Family Feud show they had. I watch it a lot at home. I got used to figuring out how to get around (by the end of the cruise - lol). We stopped at three different ports - Aruba, Bonaire and Grand Turk. They did not disappoint.

All in all, I enjoyed my first cruise very much and look forward to my next one.

I am already talking to my sister-in-law and a friend about going on a cruise in 2024.

I was afraid when I found out I would be getting a middle, inside cabin, that it would be small (and I am claustrophobic) and I would hate it. But to my surprise, it wasn't that small and had a huge bathroom. It had a beautiful wall with blue colors which was soothing above the beds and at the bottom you could turn on a light (which made me think it was a shade pulled down over a window. This helped a lot to be more comfortable. There was plenty of space for my clothes and personal items. And it had plenty of receptacles for plugging in different items (phone, hair dryer, etc.) The cabin attendant kept the room very clean and fresh towels were given when needed. I enjoyed my cabin very much.

I had read that cabins were very small if you didn't get a window cabin and there was very few receptacles but this was not the case in my cabin.

Port Reviews

Aruba

After getting off the ship, we started walking around the shops and getting something to eat. By the time we did this, we were hot and tired. We did find a small area where there was sand and a little area where we could wade. The people of Aruba were very friendly. Aruba is a beautiful island. We decided to return to the ship and rest and get ready for that nights food and entertainment.

My only regret was not getting to a beach and swimming and enjoying the beaches of Aruba. I had heard that the beach was beautiful. Maybe I can return one day and do this.

Bonaire

We decided this time that we were going to go to a beach and enjoy the beautiful turquoise waters of the Island of Bonaire. It didn't disappoint. We spent all our time enjoying the waters and sun.

We returned to the ship after about five hours.

We did have the most helpful and friendly driver who took us to the beach and returned to pick us up.

Bonaire did not disappoint. Beautiful place and very friendly people.

Grand Turk

What I liked about Grand Turk was that after getting off the ship we were right at the beach. We had a great time swimming, eating and shopping for souvenirs. The pools looked great but were very packed. The music was so nice to listen to - great feeling of being on the island.

Grand Turk was very nice and the people were very friendly. Definitely did not disappoint.

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Mardi Gras Cruise from $532

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.