• Newsletter
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Arcadia Review

Didn't want to get off....

Review for the Arctic Cruise on Arcadia
jintymcginty
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023

I chose this cruise due to the lack of single supplement, the fact there were no children aboard, and the interesting itinary. I'd not especially enjoyed some recent cruises, but this adventure restored my faith. It's my third P and O cruise this year, and by far the best.

The atmosphere in board was brilliant, with most people seemingly keen to enjoy themselves. This was aided by the staff who really were simply the best. All the chaps at the Aquarius bar deserve a medal, so helpful and fun, even when they must have been freezing cold. I didn't encounter one member of staff who didn't smile, help, and genuinely interact positively with me. Wish I could say the same for a very few passengers. Particular thanks to Eduardo, Juliette , Marilu, Stanley, Komang, Aaron,Sanjay, Gabriel,Atul,Harsh, Omkar, Sufiyan, Renemar, Shalaz, Raj, Rama, Robert, Naj, and my favourite elf and Santa......If you are lucky enough to meet any of these characters in a future cruise prepare to smile. Please say hello from me too!

I was impressed by the hugely improved food on offer. There were a lot of Yorkshire puddings, but they were way better than most. The accompanying meat was either divine, or ....not. Great choices, hot plates, helpful assistants...I'd have loved there to be water or juice on the breakfast trolley, not all of us drink tea/ coffee. The talks were very well received. Some of the entertainment team were engaged, two especially not so....behaviour in deck 9 outside needs to be appropriate. Please. The busker was fab, and the Liverpool sailaway....despite the public announcements...just sheer fun.....makes me smile to remember it. One lot of entertainment was music to fall asleep to....suspect they were looking forward to getting home. Plenty of seating available throughout the ship, an easy embarkation, speedy drinks service, a beyond helpful reception, free shuttle buses for all ( hurrah!).....so, so wish I was back there.

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Arcadia Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.