• Newsletter

FireflySue
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2023

We are frequent cruisers so we like to plan cruises that take us to ports we have never visited before. We usually book a balcony. This cruise Carnival offered us an upgrade to a Havana Cabana and boy am I glad we took it! I get motion sickness so I was a little concerned having a room at the back of the ship, but thankfully I didn’t have any issues. I especially loved the fact that I could walk out of my cabin, onto my patio and just a few steps away around the corner be in the Havana pool area. Having access to the Havana pool felt like we were at a private resort. It was never crowded and our bartender was so friendly and accommodating. The view from the back of the ship is nothing short of spectacular. We had the best meals of any cruise at JiJi’s and the Steakhouse . JiJi’s is unlike any Asian restaurant we’ve ever been to. The dishes are unique and delicious. We also loved lunch at Cucina Del Capitano. Best of all, it’s free on sea days. We enjoyed the onboard entertainment, especially dancing in the Havana Bar and the karaoke bar. All in all this was the absolute best cruise we’ve ever been on. We loved the Horizon so much that we’ve booked another cruise on it for next May. And, of course we’ve booked a Havana Cabana.

We loved the Havana Cabana. The location on deck 5 was perfect. There was plenty of room for the two of us. The Cuban decor was very nice. We enjoyed having coffee on the patio each morning. The only thing that could be improved on would be more electrical outlets and better bath soap and shampoo.

2 Helpful Votes