Carnival Sunrise Review

Review for the Bahamas Cruise on Carnival Sunrise
ShayLily
2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Aug 2023

This was my 5th cruise with Carnival, the last 4 were awesome! Unfortunately, this particular one was not so awesome. I took my 80 year old mother, this was her first cruise, she was not impressed. It was too packed, some areas were like sardines, long lines for buffet and other food stations. We dined in the first night and it was our last night dining in. There was a $24 surcharge for filet mignon and lobster tail, on past cruises the one ticket price paid for anything on the menu, very disappointed. We ended up eating at the buffet the rest of the cruise. We stayed on Deck 2, our first stop was Half Moon Cay, my mother and I wanted to rest before we got off the ship to the island, we got zero rest, ship workers were outside the ship sealing our window, making a horrible annoying noise, I was so upset, I so needed that rest. We got little sleep each night because the guests on our floor were ridiculously loud, cussing, disrespectful, inconsiderate, letting their kids run up and down the floor, and just being loud and obnoxious. My mother won at Bingo, they did not pay her cash, they put the money on her Carnival Card, I was told we had to use it on the ship, then found out later we didn't. We kept receiving different information from different employee's, like nobody new what was going on. The AC in the our cabin wasn't working that great nor in the open areas out on the ship. The ship looked old, saw a lot of rust. Not all staff were friendly, however our deck attendee "Radek" was super friendly and nice! The buffet was decent and the burger stand was yummy. Wifi/internet was ridiculously overpriced. The alcohol prices were out of this world, $11 bucks for a beer? After this cruise, I have no desire to cruise again, with Carnival anyway.

5 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Sunrise Cruise from $209

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.