Norwegian Getaway Review

3,293 reviews

Poor NCL Customer Service-Missed Port & Shortened Port Stays.

Review for the Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on Norwegian Getaway
tpowell7030
6-10 Cruises • Age 50s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023
Traveled with children

I want to bring to your attention the disappointing experience my family and I encountered during our recent NCL Getaway cruise departing on July 12, 2023. Despite having high expectations based on the itinerary, our journey was marred by missed ports, shortened port stays, and subpar customer service. I feel compelled to share these grievances in order to shed light on NCL's shortcomings.

Firstly, let's discuss our experience in Istanbul. Just days before departure, our overnight stay in Istanbul was suddenly reduced to a mere 8 hours, with the ship docking at 6 am and requiring us to board again by 2 pm. Unfortunately, at 6 am, most attractions like the Blue Mosque were not open to the public until 2 pm, which coincided with our departure time. Additionally, the Grand Bazaar didn't open until 9 am, leaving us to wander around without any open businesses for 3 hours. This left us with only 5 hours to explore, considering the time required for transportation back to the ship. NCL's decision to cut down our time in Istanbul seemed driven by saving money rather than prioritizing a fulfilling experience for their passengers. Furthermore, customer service has been unresponsive to my inquiries for any form of monetary refund, instead consistently redirecting me to their pre-determined policies.

Secondly, our visit to Santorini was equally disappointing. When we arrived at 2 pm, there were already two other cruise ships docked, causing a significant wait time for the cable car ride up the mountainside. With the scorching heat reaching 104 degrees, neither the cable car nor the option to climb the 583 steps proved to be ideal. I believe that cruise lines should make better provisions for their passengers considering the circumstances.

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Getaway Cruise from $328

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.