Norwegian Sun Review

First Time Cruiser • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023
Cabin: Mid-Ship Inside

My best friend did the research and found the Sun for us. This was my first cruise so I enjoyed it if for no other reason than everything was new to me. My friend and I met in first grade and have been besties for 64 years. I loved the size of the ship and exploring all the different areas. I had always heard the food on cruise ships was delicious, but for the most part, that was not true on this cruise. The Four Seasons dining room had better food than Seven Seas.

My favorite crew members were the men and women from the Philippines. They were very warm and personable as well as anxious to help in any way. My cabin steward, James (Nicaragua), was great and always made sure I had anything I needed.

The worst part of the cruise was guest services. No one at the desk was on the same page. I was told different things by different people regarding the same inquiry. Some of them were flippant and didn't seem to want to help. There is a lot of room for improvement.

Mid-Ship Inside

My cabin was quite spacious and comfortable. I loved sleeping in a totally dark room and slept 8 to 9 hours each night.

Port Reviews

Icy Strait

Loved the whale watching tour I booked through Alaska Shores. Our guide was awesome.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Sun Cruise from $497

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.