• Newsletter
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Pride Review

Norway Fjords, 9 days are too long.

Review for Norwegian Fjords Cruise on Carnival Pride
Ceviche
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Cabin: Ocean View
Traveled with children

On October 2022 I booked a 14 days Baltic cruise in P&O Britanny, which I paid on front, because the pound-dollar rate was the lowest, about 1.12 ( currently 1.28 ), no service charge, free launderette, overnight in Stockholm and Copenhague, calls in Helsinki and 3 more small cities. A few weeks later the cruise was cancelled by P&O and I had to find something to replace it within the same dates because our air tickets were already bought too. We selected the Carnival Pride sailing from Dover on June 9th 2023. The main reason were the good comments about Norwegian fjords, that indeed are beautiful, like beatiful are the Caribbean islands, but after seeing two or three, next is the same. Well, I think, I have seen fjords for the rest of my life. Actually, I sailed in a cruise in the chilean fjords with Holland that were more challenger and included a big blue glaciar. In addition everything in Norway is expensive, I spent $ 200 in a few souvenirs.

Weather was marvelous, sunny every day, this was the best part of the cruise, the sightseeing of Dover cliffs, and the snow of mountains in the fjords. I expected to see more boats inside the fjords, but it seems that norwegians have changed to roads and cars or I was wrong about them.

Regarding the Pride, the ship is in very good condition, there are launderettes in each cabin deck, pools and slide were working without problems, our attendant from Thailand, her name is difficult to say, Krinis had the ocean view cabin clean and cozy. Most lounges had live music and we tried some. My 8 years grandson really enjoyed the kids club. Only disappoinment about the ship was there is no library !

Ocean View

Port Reviews

Bergen

Nice downtown, with a couple of museuns, the fish market, etc

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Pride Cruise from $524

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.