Caribbean Princess Review

Canuck82
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Aug 2023

Never again will my wife and i sail on princess cruises. I am age 51, this is my 20th cruise (4 princess, 5 ncl, 4 holland america, 3 carnival, 3 royal caribbean, and 1 celebrity) and this by far was my wife and i's worst cruise experience ever! It did not come close to meeting our expectations. The experience was so poor that while on this cruise we canceled an upcoming 7 day mexican riviera cruise in february 2024 on the discovery princess with a deluxe balcony and booked a 7 day western caribbean on the new carnival jubilee in its place in a havana cabana balcony which gets us an exclusive private pool and sun loungers. As we have been on the new mardi gras, we know we will get excellent entertainment and a vast multitude of food options onboard.

Don't get me wrong we loved our itinerary (atlantic canada and new england), cruise length 10 days, and ports and this is why we picked this cruise. We certainly didn't pick it for the cruise line or ship. We immensely enjoyed our excursions and time in each of the amazing ports of call (quebec city, saguenay, charlottetown pei, halifax ns, bar harbor maine, boston and new york!) but unfortunately most of our experience onboard was very disappointing. The food in the main dining room and buffet was bland, tasteless, of poor quality, and lacked creativity. The entertainment was absolutely dreadful. The words cheap, boring, lacklustre, and talentless come to mind. service on the ship was uninspired and generally lacking.

My wife and i first sailed on princess in 2011. It was the relatively new ruby princess at the time on a 7 day eastern caribbean. We immensely enjoyed the experience and thought the product quality was excellent at the time and was very competitive with other north american based cruise lines. We had zero complaints. we sailed princess twice again in 2016 and 2018 and noticed a drop in quality and guest experience, especially with the food and service. Princess has continued to go downhill as per our current bad experience.

12 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Caribbean Princess Cruise from $241

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.