Celebrity Apex Review

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023

Having been a travel agent and sailed Celebrity 5 previous times (pre-pandemic), I thought it would be a good choice to celebrate my daughter's graduation from nursing school with a cruise of the Baltic Sea.

After flying NY to Amsterdam, we never got her luggage, even though the flights were booked by Celebrity. That luggage was sent to our home in NY 4 days after we returned from the cruise. Celebrity offered her a ditty bag which contained one t-shirt, one pair underpants, one toothbrush, one toothpaste. We made 20+ trips to Guest Relations and were lied to daily about where the luggage was located. They kept notes about our experience and when my daughter got a look at the notes, they had lied in writing about our reaction to the situation.

The food was so disappointing that we stopped going to the restaurants and just ate at the Ocean Grill (glorified cafeteria) or had pizza. Overly salted soups, limp salads, tasteless doughy pasta, grisly steaks were a few of the disappointments. This was topped by a $5 charge for a can of Coke. In addition, specialty restaurants were a $60 upcharge per person. My biggest surprise was room service which they now charge for. Can you think of any way a chef could ruin a turkey club sandwich? Celebrity did! One bite and it went in the trash.

Lovely cabin, modern and spacious.

11 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Apex Cruise from $630

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.