Zaandam Review

Overall, I would give HAL and 8/10 and would definitely consider them again if they had better solo cruiser participation.

Review for Canada & New England Cruise on Zaandam
BobInCal
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Cabin: Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

The room was spacious and clean. The ship was refurbished in 2018 and is in very good shape. The public areas are very clean and well maintained. The staff is good and efficient. There was a good selection of on-board activities. The food in the main dining room was not up to what I experienced on my last HAL cruise. I did dine at the specialty restaurant the Canaletto Restaurant. I had the Osco Bucco and it was a bit salty for my taste. We had an excellent server there named Mary. The dress standards are very low. People ate in shorts and wore baseball hats in the MDR at dinner.

The buffet was about the same as other cruise lines and has something to please just about everyone. 8

service level (room steward, waiters, purser's desk 8.5

Large Outside Stateroom (fully obstructed views)

I had an ocean view room which didn’t leave much to offer over an inside single. The room was spacious and clean.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Zaandam Cruise from $249

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.