Celebrity Silhouette Review

First class cruise - awesome ship

Review for the Baltic Sea Cruise on Celebrity Silhouette
AJSCruiser
6-10 Cruises • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023
Cabin: Concierge Class 1
Traveled with children

I start by questioning some rather negative reviews of Celebrity Silhouette which reference guests' demographic, number of children onboard, busyness of ship, over crowding etc. I don't believe this to be different to any other cruise ship (of a comparable class or equivalent 'passengers to space ratio'), having sailed myself on Royal Caribbean, P&O, Princess as well.

My family (me, my wife, daughter 12 and son 10) were excited to cruise the 'Best of Scandinavia' itinerary, having never visited any of the countries before. Every stop was a new adventure for us. We were also excited to be travelling again on a 'Solstice' Class ship, having been left a little bit underwhelmed from two previous cruises on the 'Millennium' class ships (Constellation and Millennium).

The Silhouette is a truly beautiful ship inside and out. She is kept immaculately clean by a team of super hard-working staff who seem to take much pride in what they do. Beautifully appointed, wonderfully designed and easy to navigate, she is one of, if not the, best ships we have ever sailed on and we would certainly not hesitate to sail on her again. Following a large-scale refurbishment in 2021, she doesn't look anywhere near the 12 year-old she actually is. Again, this is also very much thanks to the immaculate way she is continuously cleaned and cared for by the crew.

Concierge Class 1

Excellent 'concierge' class cabin. Mid-ship, perfect for two adults (our children had their own 'inside' cabin directly opposite. The cabin was kept immaculate throughout.

14 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Celebrity Silhouette Cruise from $186

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.