Oasis of the Seas Review

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony
Traveled with children

10 years ago, I had the chance to travel with the Oasis of the Seas with my wife, parents, and young daughter (3yo). It was, back then, our first RC experience, as we had only traveled on Celebrity a few times before. We had figured that, with a young kid, it might be more fun to be with RC, and so we chose the Oasis at the time. After a 10 (!) years hiatus, we decided to go back, now with 2 kids (13 and 9), and without my parents.

The ship didn't change all that much, which was fine. I didn't exepct a revolution. The room was clean and efficient, but it showed some signs of wear and tear. The food was also fine, perhaps a touch less sophisticated from our previous cruise, but still fine by many standards.

Where this cruise shined was the attention of the staff to our needs. The waiter and assistant waiter at our table, as well as our room attendant, were professional, kind, and really understood what it meant being with kids. If these guys ran the ship, things would be more efficient, I'm certain.

Ocean View Balcony

4D cabins are efficiently organized for young families. Our balcony was a little larger than most of the 4 class. The couch converts into a bed, which the attendant will help to switch from one to the other twice a day upon request. Only bad side is that some spot in the bathroom, including the silicone and a partition between the wall and the shower glass, show signs of mold. Nothing too big, though.

The room is organized well enough to fit all the clothes and stuff from a small family.

Port Reviews

Bayonne (Cape Liberty)

Long lines for embarkation, for the security mostly. They didn't seem to enforce arrival time, and seemed to have to check in everyone, despite the app.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Oasis of the Seas Cruise from $269

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.