Norwegian Prima Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023
Cabin: Balcony

We chose this cruise because of the itinerary. My sister-in-law had always wanted to see Iceland, and I had wanted to see the fjords of Norway. We were able to combine these on this cruise. The plus was that the cruise would be on the brand new Norwegian Prima. We signed up early and got a generous "free at sea" package including four specialty dinners, 250 minutes of free internet, and the drink package. We also pre-paid our gratuities. My wife and I also signed up for the Norwegian air program. This proved to be a bonanza, as airfares had skyrocketed post Covid. We flew non-stop to Heathrow from Boston and non-stop back to Boston from Reykjavik. Flights were easy. Our return flight was not scheduled until 8 PM, so we arranged a private tour through Snaeland travel to pick us up at the ship, tour, and drop us at the airport late in the day. That was a wise choice.

We found the ports, especially in Norway and Iceland, to be spectacular, and our standard balcony cabin was fabulous. Lots more on our cabin in that section.

The Prima, however, perhaps because of our high expectations of a new ship, was a disappointment. With so many public areas in outdoor space, indoor seating at many locations very tight. This ship would be better assigned to a warm weather itinerary to take full advantage of its design. Public areas were also very underwhelming and small, resulting in overcrowding. Our cabin, however, was delightful as you will read in that section.

Balcony

Our cabin is the best standard balcony cabin my wife and I have ever stayed in on any ship. The cabin was roomy, airy, bright and exceedingly well laid out. There was lots of storage room both in cabinets, slide out baskets, and under the bed. The balcony was roomy, although our itinerary did not lend itself to its use more than a couple of times. Our steward Freddy was unobtrusive but thorough, keeping the room immaculate and providing us anything we needed and or asked. The bathroom was roomy, as was the shower. While on the Prime at least, towel animals are gone, they were not missed. Unlike other reviews I have read about Prima cabins, ours was completely QUIET!

Prima cabins could be the standard for cruise ship standard balcony cabins.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Prima Cruise from $399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.