Viking Forseti Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

This was our second Viking river cruise. First was the Rhine in 2019 and now this Bordeaux Wine Cruise. Both cruises were great. The countries were beautiful and the Viking experience is second-to-none. Great excursions, fantastic tour guides and highly skilled bus drivers. The food was good, sometimes exceptional. The entire Viking staff is always excellent. We paid extra for the Silver Spirt Beverage package on both cruises. I am not implying that we drink much, but we came out ahead (quickly). We also paid extra for Air Plus, and always will - it is nice to be able to choose flights. Speaking of flights, Viking made it soooo easy at the airports. They made sure everything was accounted for and made our journey to-and-from easy. We love wine and this wine cruise certainly did not disappoint. This entire area of France is beautiful and the locals are all very nice. We did a lot of shopping - nearly everyone spoke English and those who were not fluent was a not problem. We did all the included excursions- all great! We also added the ebike tour in Bourg. It was our first ebike ever and it was fun! I am an avid long distance bicyclist and did not believe I would enjoy an ebike. I was wrong! I had no idea how powerful ebikes are - we went up very steep hills with very little effort. We also added the master wine class and tasting in Bordeaux on the last day - it was worth it as well. On this cruise, we had a Veranda B on the 2nd deck. It has a balcony. Did not use the balcony much but the cabin is larger inside when you have a balcony (you get an extra few feet and a nice chair). Our first cruise was a French balcony, which was fine. BTW it is a nice touch that there are a couple American power outlets in the cabin along with the European outlets. Thankfully we still brought a converter because we used the European outlets for our numerous charging adapters. Our ship was full (190 passengers) but you would never know it. These long ships are very well laid out. Plenty of places to sit and lounge. We are already looking to book a Viking ocean cruise as I type this. Viking does it right!!!

Veranda Stateroom

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Forseti Cruise from $2,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.