• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

clivenorwich
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2010
Cabin: Mini-Suite with Balcony

This was our first trip on the Crown Princess having previously sailed only on the Coral Princess. Although a fantastic ship the layout felt a little disjointed after knowing Coral Princess so well; however saying that we soon found our way around and got used to where everything was. It was definately still a Princess Ship and everything was where you would expect it to be... ish! (Once we'd found the Horizon Court was at the back of the ship rather than the front!) Everything was familiar but somehow different. I need to get over my bias towards Coral Princess which always feels like coming home. My friends though loved Crown Princess and tried to stop me comparing her to Coral.

Our trip consisted of a 7 Day Western Caribbean cruise sailing from Fort Lauderdale to Grand Cayman, Roatan (Honduras), Cozumel (Mexico) and Princess Cays. Knowing both Grand Caymen and Cozumel well I was able to take my friends to Stingray City and swimming with Dolphins in Cozumel. Having done both before it was just as fantastic to be back again.

It was my first trip to Princess Cays, and after dropping anchour we were tendered to the island. I always love being tendered in anywhere but I have to say Princess Cays was slightly disappointing. It's beautiful with plenty to do - we went snorkeling - but it all feels a little bit false - which I suppose it is. It was a lovely experience but I think I would give it any cruise that included it a miss in the future as I felt slightly cheated of visiting the "real" Caribbean. Having said that the coral snorkeling made up for the falseness!

Mini-Suite with Balcony

Port Reviews

Grand Cayman (Georgetown)

We visited Hell which was disappointing - although we did get to send our postcards from there. We also went to a turtle farm which was very interesting although we were very disappointed to hear that only 15% of the turtles are released - the rest are food. The highlight of the trip was the visit to Stingray City - a MUST if you in Grand Cayman!

Roatan

A place I want to go back to - we weren't expecting a lot but loved the place - we booked into the Luna Beach Resort where we went Horseback riding and snorkling - I'd love to see more of Roatan as everyone on board raved about it.

Cozumel

I'd been to Cozumel before and thing it is slightly disappointing but Cozumel is a highlight of the trip as we swam with dolphins here!

Find a Crown Princess Cruise from $239