Sky Princess Review

Continuing to implement cutbacks and increase charges to the point where it is getting ridiculous

Review for the British Isles & Western Europe Cruise on Sky Princess
gettinold
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Jul 2023

I have already reviewed the Sky Princess previously. For this review I wanted to concentrate on any differences we noticed since we last cruised on her in 2022. Sadly, it was obvious that a number of further cutbacks and / or new charges had been introduced. We are Brits, in our 60's and are Elite members of the Captains circle. Many of the associated loyalty benefits have simply disappeared or been replaced by more expensive items.

For example, we used to get a couple of days free internet per person. Now that has been replaced with half price internet. To replace a complimentary benefit with a chargeable one is not on. Who is kidding who ?

Also an Elite member should get a 10% loyalty discount in the shops . Or do they ? I bought some duty free liquor and no discount was applied. The cashier said it was because the items I purchased were on promotion. So what ? Looking around the shop, almost everything was on promotion. So thanks Princess. A first time cruiser in front of me got to pay the exact price as I did. So where is the loyalty discount ?

17 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Sky Princess Cruise from $474

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.