Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Review

So disappointing

Review for Transatlantic Cruise on Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
barrybruce 2020
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2023

We have sailed on 15+ voyages. We have sailed on Premium lines such as Celebrity, Princess, Holland America and now Cunard, we have sailed on a specialty brand, Star Clippers and Luxury brands, Crystal and Azamara, we are not new to sailing. I had a bucket list item to take a Transatlantic on a Cunard ship for over 40 years. I was diagnosed with stage four cancer, and realized, if I did not do my TA now, I may never get the chance again.

The ship is beautiful, it looks more like an Art Deco hotel than a ship. Except for the pool areas and the Thermal Spa, it is very pretty. Those areas are a bit worn.

The issue, the food and service were terrible. As we were unpacking, a button came off my tux. I asked the cabin steward if he could contact the seamstress or tailor on board to assist, his reply without any hesitation was, they're much too busy, try again another day. I eventually got a sewing kit and did it myself. I rung for the cabin steward another time for an ice bucket, instead of coming to the room, he called back and said, "what do you want?" Really!

We had an Obstructed View balcony. On a TA, the view never changes, we could use that money for wine. The cabin was nicely appointed but a little dated, no big deal.

Port Reviews

Le Havre

We did a trip to Rouen France. Just by luck we were there for the Joan of Arc/Medieval Festival, and it was wonderful.

10 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise from $299

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.