Viking Neptune Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023

This cruise had a lot of ports that are memorable to my husband and I, since we grew up in the area. Viking Neptune was a gorgeous new ship and we appreciated the understated elegance. The staff were just superb, very well trained and so genuinely friendly. And the food was outstanding! Prepare to put on weight! Entertainment left a lot to be desired. The piano music in the grand atrium was lovely but the music was too mournful for my taste. Loved the spa and the snow grotto - very unusual. The afternoon tea was excellent and I loved how they had gluten free scones plus GF danishes at breakfast. Our weather was sadly hot, humid and foggy. And the tour buses in Canada were not air conditioned, or not functioning a/c anyway so it was quite a problem. Overall we loved the ship and would take another Viking cruise in a heartbeat.

Our cabin was much smaller than I expected but once we tucked the suitcases under the bed, we were okay. Loved the twice daily service and the Nespresso machine in our cabin. Out steward was top notch.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Neptune Cruise from $2,399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.