Marina Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023
Cabin: Verandah Stateroom

My first cruise with Oceania was in 2015 on the Riveria. Terrific itinerary from Athens to Barcelona. We enjoyed it immensely. Not so much years later. I felt stuck in a time warp with the EXACT SAME formulaic routine. Boring !

Oceania could be a fantastic option but has failed to keep up with the times and is stuck in an era that my mother barely remembers ! I love the idea of a quieter, smaller ship but come on , time to reinvent yourself Oceania ! A cool vibe, good current music, options other than a card parlor and horrible entertainment. Oceania is lacking a certain " spark " . Dump the casino, dump the awful Broadway and Peggy Lee shows, quit relying on a string quartet and the " golden oldies" .

We chose to go with Oceania again because of the itinerary. I did expect more dramatic fjords however. We mainly skipped along the coast. Probably need to try Hurtigurten for narrow passages or an expeditionary type ship.

Verandah Stateroom

Good sized stateroom. Plenty of storage. Wish we could have experienced the refurbished ship. Marina is tired.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Marina Cruise from $2,184

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.