• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023

This is our 2nd Viking cruise in Europe. Although we have been on over 15+ ocean cruise ships, the Viking has the best food among all of them in our opinion. Perhaps it's because of its smaller size the the chefs can cater to us with meat and vegetables cooked to perfection and the desserts were also amazing. The breakfasts also had a nice spread and one can order sunny side or easy over eggs instead of omelettes and they will cook it very quickly in front of you. In Europe, they did not serve congee which I love but it's an Asian dish so that's probably why they didn't have it. However, when I asked for fried rice, they were able to cook it for us as we requested with no question asked.

The staff on the Viking Delling were outstanding. From the cabin stewards, wait staffs during breakfast, lunch and dinner to the reception desk crew, and the program Director. Everyone was nice, warm, welcoming, helpful and entertaining! Viking does an awesome job from the beginning when we boarded the ship until to the end of our trip. When we boarded the bus to take us to the airport, there was another Viking personnel meet us there, walked us to check our bags, and walked us up to the security gate before she departed and we said our goodbyes. We just followed and I didn't have to think or figure out how to navigate through the airport. I think in a foreign country, those extra services is so much appreciated when you don't speak the language or can't read the signs.

They had a walking course, a putt-putt- course, and shuffleboard at the top deck so I guess that was what they called fitness and recreation. It's nothing that will give you a work-out sweat in my opinion. Unless it's 90 degrees out and you're sweating from the heat.

This time we chose a french balcony cabin over the regular balcony. Although the room itself and the bathroom was smaller, that was fine for us. We were able to open the window door and enjoy the fresh air while sitting on the bed or standing by the railing. We were also able to touch the walls of the locks when the ship went through them, we were that close! You will get free water bottles daily in the room and there is also a small refrigerator, which was really nice. The TV channels had movies but we didn't have time to watch any. I loved the music channel with the various genres and playlists. Our favorite music playlists were the folk and pop. You could check your account on the TV and see the POV of the ship too. They also had a GPS of where the ship is on the TV while we are sailing. Lastly, the cabin stewards were excellent. They always had a smile of their faces and provided everything we needed as requested. The bed were made and done twice a day and the bath towels were amazingly thick and long! What a treat!

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Delling Cruise from $2,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.