Viking Neptune Review

kathyboombathy
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023

Overall the cruise was everything I had hoped. The service was impeccable and everyone from from maintenance to Captain were friendly and always smiled and had a pleasant greeting. Staff was quick to share their life experiences and were eager to hear about us as well. I always like learning about all sorts of people and their cultures.

With one exception, dining was a joy. Whether it was a special meal at the Chef's Table or any meal at the World Cafe, we were sure to be well fed with truly tasty food. I wondered how the chef(s) could produce such a large quantity of such delicious food, from lamb to swordfish to gorgeous deserts I was never disappointed. There was one unpleasant experience and that was at the highly touted Manfredi's Restaurant. We had high expectations of this meal and had really looked forward to it. From the moment I walked in, I did not feel particularly welcomed. The food was merely mediocre and the wait staff was not overly helpful or friendly. Our waiter disappeared about halfway through the meal taking our coffee order with him.

Viking tours are generally wonderful with tour guides that are personable and very knowledgeable. This held true for the majority of out tours this trip with a couple of less than expected excursions. The Zodiak whale watching tour was essentially canceled due to a landslide (very understandable). A Zodiak tour of the Bay was a poor substitute, even a bit dull and uninspiring, and quick. We were refunded $50.00, but I felt we should have been given the whole amount or offered a more appealing replacement. The guided walk through Florillon National Park was stunningly beautiful. However, the bus guide read her script and passed around pictures of things we did and would not see and though very nice and pleasant the walking guides were not particularly knowledgeable.

Our cabin, though not spacious, was perfectly adequte to our needs. It was kept scrupulously clean and well-stocked. Having a balcony was a plus.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Neptune Cruise from $2,399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.