• Newsletter

Golfgirl417
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023

We had planned this cruise as a 10th anniversary present, but COVID postponed it. It was definitely worth the wait! There were a few things that made this trip the best vacation we’ve ever taken.

1) service—I have very specific dietary needs. The maitre d and staff made sure that those needs were met and that I was never deprived of any of the amazing food on board. I never felt deprived or missing out. I was really taken care of.

2) service—we found out Wertzheim was a 30 minute drive from the town where my family immigrated from, and I wondered if it was possible to go there. Sue, our program director, made that possibility happen! She found us a ride to Aschaffenburg. She suggested things to do and ways to find out if family was still in the area. We were able to spend an entire day in the town. And she even checked in with our driver to make sure we were on our way back to the ship. I was the first in 4 generations to go back. It was a once in a lifetime experience. I don’t believe any other cruise line would have done something like this for me.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Gymir Cruise from $3,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.