Viking Magni Review

A trip to some of Europe's exciting cities

Review for Europe River Cruise on Viking Magni
Sanday114
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023
Cabin: Veranda Superior

It afford us the opportunity to see many cities on Europe's rivers. The cruise overall was fun, interesting and diverse. I wish Viking would have more opportunities to explore cities on our own. It seemed the only way to get to cities was to take an excursion. Wish there were shuttles to leave the ship just to go into town. If you did not do an excursion, you were stuck on the ship. Viking did do this on a couple of occasion, would love to see it happen more, seeing we usually did not dock near the city centers. The portage a necessary hazel, inconvenient, but not horrific. The problem the bus we were on did not have adequate air condition. After Nuremberg excursion, we were loaded on a bus that had sat in 90 degree heat. It had to be at least 110 degrees on the bus, and no air to cool it off. Even though the ships are touted to be the same, they are not. Aesthetically they are, the Magni had a very foul smell in halls along the state rooms. My shower emitted a sewer type smell. Was a nice welcome once we transferred to the Baldur and had a pleasant smelling ship. I absolutely loved the diversity of the cruisers. Such interesting stories coming from all over the world. The cruise is designed for the mature patrons. No overly loud party revealers and no screaming children. For this reason I will sail on Viking again. I had a great time, even with the few pitfalls, they can be easily remedied. Viking delivers on its excellence and I would recommend Viking to family and friends.

Veranda Superior

The cabin was adequate, provided enough space to be comfortable. It was well maintained morning and evening. Enjoyed having the balcony, when I could use it. The docking of many ships side by side negates the enjoyment of a balcony. I was not the only one displeased with this. You chose a balcony for a reason, the ability to be able to sit on it without being nestled between ships, making the balcony useless. Other negative was the extreme foul smell that emitted from our shower on the Magni.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Magni Cruise from $2,399

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.