MSC Lirica Review

First and last time ever

Review for the Eastern Mediterranean Cruise on MSC Lirica
Abugfahi
First Time Cruiser • Age 40s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Cabin: Deluxe Suite Aurea
Traveled with children

I recently embarked on an MSC Cruise "Lirica" with high hopes for an unforgettable family vacation. Unfortunately, my experience left much to be desired, tarnished by issues ranging from subpar food and outdated facilities to a distressing incident with my special needs son. While some crew members proved to be exceptional, others displayed rude behavior that soured the overall experience.

Let's begin with the negatives. One of the most disappointing aspects of the cruise was the consistently bad and cheap quality of the food. The lackluster menu options failed to meet expectations, and we often found ourselves seeking alternative dining options off the ship. For a cruise that boasts a variety of culinary delights, this was a significant letdown.

Adding to our disappointment were the encounters with rude crew members. On one particularly harrowing occasion when my special needs son wandered away, the distress was overwhelming. After a few anxious minutes, we thankfully located him. However, instead of offering support or understanding, the cruise director chose to respond with aggression and shouted at me. This unnecessary confrontation escalated into a heated argument, leaving a bitter taste in my mouth. It's disheartening that someone in a leadership position could exhibit such a lack of empathy and professionalism.

Deluxe Suite Aurea

very outdated

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Lirica Cruise from $79

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.