Celestyal Crystal Review

10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023

If you have cruised on larger ships with a variety of decent food options and amenities, this ship is not for you or maybe any Celestyal cruise. I have been cruising for over 25 years and have had some bumps but this experience was subpar, a 2.5 is more accurate rather than a 3. I made this selection for the ports and as the lovely people at the Celestyal call center explained the staff and food would be very nice. While I knew the Crystal would be worn and minimal, I was surprised and disappointed with the lack of quality and tastelessness in the food. Shame on Celestyal! They could do much better. Some of the food on the buffet was so unappetizing to even look at, I found it hard to find something edible and I am not a picky eater. Even in the main dining room, several items left me wondering how could they serve this food. And if you wanted a glass of water, there was one water dispenser in the buffet area only open during operating hours. I know it is common in Europe to pay for water but on a cruise at the very least, water should be available and not from one spout for an entire ship. There were also some glitches and misinformation about excursions, which made it difficult to plan for activities and other excursions I wanted to partake. The staff overall was pleasant and when dealing with some of the managers, they did listen and try to accommodate for the mishaps. The outside cabin we had was adequate as well. So staff, service and cabin is why I gave this cruise a 2.5 but I wouldn’t be comfortable selecting this cruise line again. Perhaps Celestyal Journey will be a tad better but they need a serious food overhaul.

9 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.