Norwegian Getaway Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023
Traveled with children

We have just disembarked from the Norwegian Getaway after our cruise from Venice to Athens. It was my husband and I sailing and our 2 and 5 year old daughters.

We started off the holiday with a wonderful few days in Venice and then on the final day we caught the train from Trieste down to Venice with many other NCL passengers. When we arrived we very quickly realised that there were very few taxis/buses and so we along with most of the other guests had to make our way to the port on foot with all of our luggage. When we finally arrived there we were greeted with an extremely long queue for bag drop, outside in the 40 degree heat with no shade whatsoever. We waited over an hour, to then wait another 40 minutes to check in. I wish I had realised at this point that this was going to be the theme of the entire trip but I was still optimistic.

Once onboard, the cruise was undeniably very beautiful and we felt excited to finally begin our journey.

21 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Norwegian Getaway Cruise from $328

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.