Carnival Glory Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jul 2023
Cabin: Premium Balcony

My wife and I were dumbfounded while on our cruise to the Bahamas. Let me get the excursions out of the way. Freeport (otherwise known as the “Gas Station”), was disappointing. View from the ship once docked has a lot to be desired. The beach excursion was good. As others have posted, it is crowded but that didn’t bother us. Nassau was awesome! We took the Blue Lagoon excursion. You will not be disappointed.

Now about the activities on the ship. There’s the typical art auction, bingo, karaoke, casino contests, comedy club, live bands, etc. As far as organized deck parties within the first couple days, there were none. Some stretches of time while on the deck the music selection was poor at best and nothing close to prior Carnival cruises we’ve experienced. Loud rap with a twist of reggae (I listen to reggae quite often. It’s in my top 3 or 4 most listened to genres), but this music was over-the-top and way too loud. The pool(s) are meant for everyone and I get it, but for my wife and I to get in and enjoy it-didn’t happen! Shoulder to shoulder drunks! Without exaggeration, it was the same large group of “big guys” everyday taking up a lot of room, leaving little room for others.

Without being redundant, this cruise was nowhere near as enjoyable as the prior cruises we’ve experienced. Cruise Director, Johnny, was terrible in his entertainment planning, or should I say, lack of planning. The events I listed above are standard events and are no-brainers. The deck parties—hum? Where was the dance music where many cruisers got involved and enjoyed in past? Where were the shooting of t-shirts into the crowd and Mardi Gras beads during the deck parties? I know where. There were no deck parties like that on this cruise.

Premium Balcony

Cabin was always clean. Stewards were great.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Carnival Glory Cruise from $194

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.