• Newsletter
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

MSC Seaside Review

Price was right but not the best

Review for the Western Caribbean Cruise on MSC Seaside
robkey
6-10 Cruises • Age 70s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Traveled with children

This was my daughter’s first cruise and the only reason I chose this was because it was the best price. First time on MSC and not as impressed as with other cruise lines.

Had just been on the Caribbean Princess and every room steward or ship officer you passed spoke to you with a “good morning/afternoon, how are you”. The only room steward that spoke to us was our assigned one.

Princess has a large choice of television channels, MSC only had Discovery and Travel. Also had CNN but only watch that when forced to in the airport. They don’t even have Fox News Channel for those who are still watching it. So I looked at the movies and my daughter told me they cost $10. I have NEVER been on a cruise where you had to pay for movies.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

My daughter did the dolphin swim experience which she enjoyed. It is gray also because it is a short walk from the dock. It would have cost me $52 to watch her do this in Cozumel.

Cozumel

We both did the Atlantis Submarine and it was a great way for my daughter to see coral reefs and a ship wreck because she did not want to try scuba diving.

Ocean Cay MSC Marine Reserve

Went to Bimini Beach and it was really nice. The first time my daughter experienced clear Caribbean water, “Dad, this is just like a swimming pool”. But low rating is for their tram system. Bimini Beach is the furthest from the ship and is a short walk over a bridge from the tram stop. When we walked back to the tram stop, the tram had just left and told others waiting he would be right back. Waited for 1 hour and 45 minutes for the tram. After you have waited a while you are hesitant to walk thinking the tram may come right after you leave the stop. If he had said he would not be back for that long I would have definitely walked back!

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Port Canaveral embarkation waiting room had a lot of people with very inadequate air conditioning. But otherwise was good embarkation experience. And disembarkation could not have been smoother. I still prefer Tampa or Ft Lauderdale for the free terminal parking for disabled veterans!!

3 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Seaside Cruise from $49

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.