MSC Seaside Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Traveled with children

We took a seven day cruise on the MSC seaside approximately five years ago. We had a great time and we're excited for our recent cruise. We even considered, before our recent experience, taking MSC cruises around Europe. The embarkation was no problem as we showed up when they told us, but our rooms were Fantastica balconies and smelled. My room smell like fish oil the entire trip, and our other room on the other side of the ship smelled like blue septic liquid. Overall, I was surprised with how the ship smelled, given the ship is pretty new. The carpet in the dining room also smelled so bad. We took a cruise out of Cape Canaveral in order to avoid the Miami crowd, however, our state room was next to a young couple that brought a Bluetooth speaker. Every day at 4:30 PM they would crank up music to a level that made no sense to any normal person. Every day, I had to call guest services to request my neighbors turn down the music and stop singing over the lyrics, bang against the wall. I requested a different room, but 7 nights of this and more. My children learned new language from this couple. 4 am and this couple is arguing about a three-way with another female passenger. The next night, they had that three way. MSC did nothing. I tried to upload a video of this insanity. We also booked this ship to avoid Nassau, which is now plagued with poverty and crime since gaining independence. Ocean Cay is beautiful and does not have any of the problems of the other Bahamian islands, but their island has countless electric vehicles that play dodgeball with the cruise guests. My 11 yo daughter was almost hit by a cart of about 15 people. The cart came so close to hitting her that made a formal complaint at their island office. The people that inhabit the island are overtly annoyed by the people that walk on the sidewalks. ****Does anything here in my review spell vacation? ***** Relative to five years ago, I can say that the quality of entertainment has disappeared. While the singing was great, the dancers are embarrassing. Last time we were on the ship, they had a circus theme night and the entertainment was phenomenal. This time around we could barely even get tickets to this evening events. I think the cruise was completely packed because of the price. What a zoo and not relaxing. The only good part about this cruise was the people from the Philippines. These people are hardworking and nice. My kids liked the zip line and pizza.

Smelled. Bring flip flops.

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

We visited the ruins.

7 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an MSC Seaside Cruise from $79

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.