Viking Ingvi Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom

I was looking for a nice trip for me and my adult daughter. She is an experienced traveler and has been to Europe quite a few times (her husband is from England and she has friends in Ireland and Italy). This seemed like a great trip that covered a lot of geography in as a relaxed way as possible. I wanted some structure, but the ability to do some on your own sightseeing including getting off the typical tourist streets. Both Vienna (The Mozart Concert was a top highlight of our trip) and Budapest (loved Budapest and wished we had added the extension) were big draws for us. I was not wrong. Everything about this trip from the logistics, check-in, travel, accomodations, customer service off and on the ship, food, tours, and locations was great. I really have nothing bad to say about the experience. We will do the Rhine cruise next!

Deluxe Stateroom

We stayed in the standard cabin and it was just fine for us. Beds were very comfortable, bedding was refreshed 2X a day. Heated bathroom floor and shower with good water pressure and plenty of hot water. Enough room to stash your cloth (nice closed area and drawers). TV was good too, although we didn't use it much, there was an afternoon where I needed to recharge and watched The Sound of Music while sleeping on and off! Window at about water level allowed some spectacular views in the morning and at night.

Port Reviews

Bratislava

Very interesting to see a previously communist ruled country. The area for shopping across from the river was nice. We got off on a side street and found some shops with handmade objects instead of the typical tourist magnets, etc.

Durnstein (Krems)

We really enjoyed our day here! Had a nice walk about and shopped at a local craft fair. Charming!

Budapest

Really enjoyed Budapest and we should have booked the extension to explore more. Also a guide her was among the best.

previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Ingvi Cruise from $2,199

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.