Viking Venus Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Cabin: Veranda Stateroom

I heard a lot of good things about Viking before the cruise. The trip was fantastic! Even though there was 900+ people on the boat, it was hard to tell. None of the restaurants or lounges were ever crowded. There are plenty of places to sit and relax. The boat was very luxurious. The food was great! With the Silver spirits and pre-paid tips, we spent $0.00 onboard the boat. Room service was 24 hours a day, and we took advantage of it often. The only negative comment I can make is that the Wi-Fi was not very good. I was never able to get my email, streaming videos on Facebook would freeze up, and I was not able to stream music. Of course, this was my first cruise, so I don’t know if that is a common problem or not?

After experiencing the trip and finding out how things worked, there are a few things I would have done differently: (1) I found out that the reservations for the top 2 restaurants and the add on excursions are assigned on a 1st come 1st serve basis, with the people with the most expensive rooms getting priority (early notification ). I didn’t read my email notifying me of the restaurants and the add on excursions openings until it was a day old, thus a lot of the excursions and restaurant reservations were already booked ☹ (2) Almost all the stops had shuttle buses that would take you into town. Next time, for the some of the big cities like London, Belfast, or Dublin, I might have planned my own excursion via an on & off bus. Most of the Viking big city tours (that were free and included) had few if any stops, and they didn’t hit all the top tourist attractions like I thoughts they would.

Veranda Stateroom

We had a Veranda. The cabin was very comfortable. It had a desk and comfy chairs. It also had a refrigerator that we always has stocked with beer :)

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Venus Cruise from $3,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.