Allure of the Seas Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 50s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Cabin: Boardwalk View Balcony

This was our 5th cruise and Second on Royal Caribbean. Previously we had 2 on Carnival, 1 on Holland America, and 1 on Royal Caribbean.

The ship was great. You really can’t appreciate how big and Oasis class ship is until you are near it.

The food ranged from Ok to very good. The buffets were pretty good and only crowded on the first day. We ate in Chops and Giovanni’s. Both were excellent. The Tagliatelle Carbonara at Giovanni’s was one of the most extraordinary dishes that I have ever eaten.

Boardwalk View Balcony

Port Reviews

Costa Maya

We took a cab to the Crazy Lobster. Cab was $4 per person one way. Food was cheap and good. Less than $100 total and we had a super time.

Cozumel

Nachi Cocom. Good food and beautiful beach.

Roatan

We took an excursion in Rotan called “The All-In-One Tour (Bilingual Tour: English/Spanish).” The tour went to what was essentially a plain white building with a curved roof and was presented as a chocolate factory. None of the equipment was being used and was just there for show. Someone was wearing a hairnet and touching the stuff but he was just an actor and he wasn’t working at all. The excursion devolved into an infomercial about their products which were just on a shelf and not being made at that location. They went on and on about the medicinal value of their products. We were then taken to two series of souvenir shops. One of them was in a ship yard with a bunch of broken boats. It was in the wheelhouse (or bridge) of an old boat that was mounted on a slab. Both places were run down and poorly stocked. Almost no one on the excursion purchased anything at either of the two stops. Next, we were taken to a restaurant at the beach. We had to order our food without ever seeing the menu by telling the tour guide what we wanted. She then texted the order to the restaurant for all of us at once. For a burger and a shrimp sandwich it cost $59 US dollars. I suspect that the tour guide was getting a commission off of that food but I really don’t know for sure. The restaurant was named “West Bay Contiguo A Fosters”. The food was horrible. We had no time to spend on the beach and only a few minutes at each location except for the long infomercial that the tour began with. The tour guide blamed us for having no time. The tour guide only complained about how the owner of the liquor shop where we were being taken for a tasting was such an a hole to the locals that she hoped we wouldn’t buy anything from him. She also complained about the power company and she said it was owned by and American or a Canadian. The tour was put on by “Bay Islands Tour Agency Carambola Gardens.” I highly recommend that you steer clear of anything put on by this company. The description of the tour was very misleading and the tour guide was rude and unprofessional. It was the first time we ever had a bad excursion and I requested a refund. Royal Caribbean promptly secured a refund of my money and a big thanks to Vivoth for his help on this matter. I did attempt to tip him but I never found him at the excursion desk again.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find an Allure of the Seas Cruise from $269

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.