Majestic Princess Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Cabin: Balcony

Princess kept their end of the bargain here - we went to every port scheduled, all the restaurants, bars, shows, casino and everything else they promised was delivered. I am giving this review as a guide to anyone else thinking of this itinerary.

First thing - the cruise tour package is stressful. There is a lot to get to see in a short time, and hopping from one to resort to another three nights in a row is a bit of a dissapointment. That isn't Princess' fault, because it is the itinerary I chose, I could pay more to set myself up with a longer visit in each of the three resorts we stayed in, but we opted for the 10- day package. I don't regret this decision, and it was what I had time for, any longer would have been stressful as I left business back home. As in all things, a bit of compromise takes place.

The resorts are all nice, and with only one day in each it seems like a blur, but I was educated on life in the interior of Alaska, and saw sights I never would have had time to see otherwise. After the three days on land (which ended with a fun 5-hour train ride to Whittier), we went aboard the Majestic Princess. This ship is beautifully decorated with art-deco touches throughout. It is in fine form and ran smoothly during our trip. The weather was mild.

Balcony

starboard balcony, standard size. I liked this room, we were with a group and had 5 adjoining rooms, each with the balcony partitions turned in, it was like having our own private family deck. We travelled southbound, so may port side would be better, but our starboard view let us look out to open ocean, and we ended up seeing a juvenile humpback breaching! And several other whales. So I am thinking either side of the ship would have it's plusses. Inside Glacier Bay, we were turned by the ships stabilizers so we had equal chance to see the glaciers. Cabin was clean, well set up, and the stewards were very kind.

8 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Majestic Princess Cruise from $158

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.