Amadeus Diamond Review

-- / 5.0
Editor Rating

Do not book on this cruise line.

Review for Europe River Cruise on Amadeus Diamond
Michaelpgh12
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2023

The reason I went on this cruise is that friends had booked the trip and asked me to join them.

I have been on a number of cruises, this being my first river cruise. The itinerary is wonderful, that's where it ends. This cruise was run by amateurs. During the week they had three different hotel managers, one was flown in from Germany. The reason for the three managers was that the food was horrible, every day. It did not get better no matter how many managers they had on board. The bar ran out of many liquors and ice during the week. This limited the types of drinks you could order on any given day. There were snacks at the bar, only if you asked for them, and the bar staff never offered to replenish them. The shining star was the dining room wait staff. In spite of having to return/replace so many terrible meals, and dealing with passenger complaints, they did it as professionally as possible.

I would rate this cruise line and boat a zero, if I could. Do not book a cruise with this company. The cruise line knew how bad things went and has not reached out to make up for the awful experience. Since we returned, I have been trying to get a partial refund from my travel agent and the Amadeus is not cooperating with the agency. That speaks volumes as to how how they value the passenger experience.

This boat was renovated in 2019. There is no way the rooms were even touched. They have a 70's vibe to them and look that old. The bathroom was clean, carpeting worn, and there was a bleach stain on the carpeting in my room. The bed was about as uncomfortable as you can get. The single beds are pushed together, they only had a sheet on the mattress, two single comforters, and an old green throw over the bottom of the bed.

6 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.