National Geographic Sea Bird Review

2-5 Cruises • Age 80s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023

The weather was for the most part perfect. Only wildlife we saw was eagle, a distance whale. Don't go to see wildlife. If you want to hike in mud it's perfect. If you need to Kayak ,ride on a zodiac this is your trip. Food was terrible. Almost all cruises now make accommodations for Vegan or vegetarian but their food they prepared was so bad I had to go back to eating food I did not want to eat. After all this is Nat Geo. The Naturalist and the photographer was super, but I don't think I'd pay over $4,000 each to hear them They spend a lot of money for these experts which frankly you can hear on the web if it interest you. Cabins are very sparse . 1 night very high seas when he went into the pacific to dump. Seas so high you don't dare get out of your bed. No way to contact anyone if you fell or got hurt.

We did get to see a small glacier from a very far distance. I booked Alaskan Shore Excursions before boarding Lindblad to go up in a helicopter and land on a glacier THIS WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TRIP.

Port Reviews

Juneau

Juneau is charming . It reminds me of towns in Ireland. Small little restaurants , good food. Shopping was small but very nice.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a National Geographic Sea Bird Cruise

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.