Viking Venus Review

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2023
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

My wife and I recently returned from the British Isles Explorer cruise on the Viking Venus. We were accompanied by my brother and sister-in-law on the trip. We went into London a couple of days early on our own and arranged our own transfer to the ship. Since we wanted to make the most of our sightseeing time in London, we did not travel to the ship at Greenwich until later on the afternoon on the day we could board. There were a few other checking in at the same time, but the check in process for the ship went smoothly. We had already completed the "Comfort Check In" before we left home.

This was our first Viking Ocean cruise. We enjoyed the ship immensely. I loved the very clean decor of the ship on. The atrium was.a great place to relax after dinner in the evening and listen either to the resident pianist or the duet of the two women playing the violin and the cello.

We enjoyed the food service and the options for meals. I was pleased with almost all of selections from the menu at The Restuarant. Since we ate at different times most nights, we did were not always assigned to the same dining station, but all the staff was helpful..

Deluxe Veranda Stateroom

Our cabin was a DV 2 level cabin, It was a smaller cabin (we knew it would be), but it was adequate for what we needed on the trip. I was concerned that I would regret that we did not select from the penthouse level, but that was not the case. We use packing cubes for our travel, and we found space for our cubes in the draw space available to us. The bathroom in our cabin was a comfortable size. We enjoyed the heated tile floor and the mirror that did not steam up after our showers. The stewards for our cabin were wonderful. They were very attentive to us and our needs and requests (which were few). Our room was always ready for us when we returned from our excursions and after dinner.

2 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Venus Cruise from $3,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.