Aqua Nera Review

Amazoncruiser1
6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023

The Amazon has always been a bucket list for me. This trip was the most comfortable and extensive way to experience all the spectacle and grandeur of this piece of our planet. Strolling and bicycling through quiet riverside villages, walking along paths deep in the forest with both cruise guides and local guides, or traveling deep into the flooded tributaries of the main rivers was deeply satisfying to me as a lover of nature.

The food was plentiful and expertly prepared. I did a lot of research about what boat to use for this trip. The Aqua Nera was the most costly but I am SO glad I chose to travel on her. The onboard details were exquisite and the cabin large and very comfortable.

Traveling on the three rivers was wonderful. (Amazon, Ucayali, and Maranon). Each was different. The excursions by foot, speed boat, and canoe were well planned and spectacular. I loved visiting the schools and small villages, as well as the city tour of Iquitos.

The cabin in person is even better than portrayed in the brochures. It was constantly being cleaned and maintained. The huge glass window provided travelogue worthy views of everything.

Port Reviews

Iquitos

Nice town.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a cruise

Any Month

Get special cruise deals, expert advice, insider tips and more.
By proceeding, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.