• Newsletter

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023

When we signed up for the Viking River Cruise “The Danube Waltz” I have to admit it was the dates as much the journey that we liked. My step-daughter was traveling in Spain with a school trip and I wasn’t going to stay in the states while she saw Spain.

So my wife and I were excited to find a river cruise through a part of the world we had never visited with the fact same dates. The kicker was the first stop was in the City my wife’s mother had been born in. So we packed up for the 8 day cruise down the Danube and thought we’d have a nice time.

We didn’t count on the delicious food on board (including deserts you simply couldn’t say no too way too often for my

We got a Veranda Suite, expecting that we’d spend a larger than average amount of time in our room (we rarely drink and hanging out in the bar area didn’t sound fun). The truth is we could have easily gotten the smallest cabin as we hardly did anything in our room except sleep and bath! The sites were amazing from the top floor and the entertainment was actually great except for the lounge singer who left something to be desired.

Port Reviews

Passau

Lovely little town with surprisingly large amount of things to do.

Bratislava

Charming albeit small Capital of Slovakia.

Budapest

Awesome to drift in on the Danube at Iggy. Something I will never forget. The history and sights were great also but wow what an entrance!

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Vilhjalm Cruise from $2,199

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.