Royal Princess Review

1,774 reviews

Excellent service, beautiful sights, way too many people

Review for Alaska Cruise on Royal Princess
uscdrm
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: Jun 2023
Cabin: Balcony

We have been on more than 20 cruises but none in 3 years due to the pandemic, so I picked this cruise as it was relatively short, inexpensive and easy for the 4 of us to get to. This was our 3rd Alaskan cruise on Princess; the other two had different itineraries.

On the positive side, the food in the Concerta Main Dining Room was excellent as was the service. Although we would have preferred the same table for all meals, we were assigned different ones each time, but all of the staff were very good. We also would have liked a table for 4, but this was rarely available. The food on Lido deck was rather mediocre at best and searching for a table, due to the large crowd, was an unpleasant experience. We used room service for a couple of meals and that was great. I highly recommend it.

Our balcony cabin was small, plain but serviceable and everything worked. It would have been nice to have more than one chair. I think a balcony is essential for convenience the day in Glacier Bay. The Medallion device worked well for automatically opening the door.

Balcony

See above-rather small but serviceable. I strongly recommend a balcony for convenience viewing the glaciers.

Port Reviews

Juneau

We enjoyed the whale watching although we didn't see, as many as we have in the past.

Glacier Bay

great views

Skagway

Don't miss the dog mushing-so much fun!

Ketchikan

Visited the Bight Totem Poles and then went to the Lumberjack show which is kind of corny but still interesting. I would have liked more time in the town.

14 Helpful Votes
previous reviewnext review

Find a Royal Princess Cruise from $178

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.