Viking Star Review

6-10 Cruises • Age 60s

Family
Value for Money

Sail Date: May 2023

We have been on 3 Viking River Cruises and they were fabulous. I had so hoped Viking could recreate this magic on their ocean cruises. I have to say I was slightly disappointed. On the river cruises Viking has thought of every detail, but this does not always translate to the ocean experience. For example, we had 150 people arrive at a small town at the same time. With 4 buses it would have been better to spread the arrival by at least 15 minutes. Also all physical abilities were grouped together. On the river cruises there was an option to self select a slower pace, but not on the ocean excursions. This lead to frustration on both those that were slower and those that wanted to move on.

The Restaurant was definitely up to what I remember from the river, but the World Cafe was just ok. The service in the World Cafe was not great, in that you were welcomed and your beverage provided and that was it. Very few times were we checked back on.

Cabin was wonderful, very roomy

Port Reviews

Bari

Bari is a delightful town with a wonderful old section. We met a woman selling pasta from her kitchen window. Felt like we had stepped back in time. I highly recommend/

Sicily

We went to Taormina. This was one of the highlights of the trip. The town was beyond beautiful. Our tour guide made it come alive. Even in the rain this was a wonderful day.

1 Helpful Vote
previous reviewnext review

Find a Viking Star Cruise from $2,599

Any Month

© 1995—2024, The Independent Traveler, Inc.